Prime Minister Narendra Modi is holding a victory march in New Delhi a day after Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) astounding victory in the Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand Assembly elections. He will march from Le Meridien to the BJP headquarters on Ashoka Road.
He will also attend the BJP parliamentary meet. Chief ministerial candidates for Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand will be finalised at the meet. PM Modi will later attend BJP parliamentary board meet scheduled for the evening.
Earlier today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that a “new India” is emerging and it stands for development.
Here are the latest updates:
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has arrived at the BJP headquarters.
- Party workers and supporters gather outside BJP headquarters.
- Union Ministers Venkaiah Naidu and Ravi Shankar Prasad reach party headquarters.
- BJP leaders have credited PM Modi for the astounding victory.
- Tight security arrangements have been made as Delhi Police have erected barricades at various places along the route, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will take to reach the BJP headquarters.
- Large number of BJP workers and supporters are present at Ashoka Road in New Delhi.
- BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi from New Delhi Lok Sabha constituency is also present at the victory march.
- BJP supporters from Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand are on the Ashoka Road in New Delhi.